Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sushi on a Conveyor Belt


I saw and participated in a most fascinating concept I now refer to as “Sushi on a Conveyor Belt”, I am not sure I would go back as I did have a tummy ache after although I did not get sick. Perth has many sushi restaurants some of them are a little strange for instance the one that had a mostly chicken menu – I could not recall ever seeing that many chicken rolls on a menu before, but I digress – back to the conveyor belt. I walked into this place starving and wanting a little bite to eat – I noticed that they had the various rolls going around and around and thought “hmm well that’s one way to cut down on menu costs just have the visual and you point and they make it”.

I then found out how wrong I was – you sat down and you picked up items from the conveyor belt and ate them and you stacked the plates up, at the end of the meal they counted the plates and based on the color and number of plates (different colors had different prices) they then told you how much you owed for the meal. I was a little weirded out about it but then the place was doing brisk business and no one else seemed to have a problem with it and since I had already been seated I felt I had to commit.



So I had 4 plates – 1 plate had 4 pieces of calamari, 1 had 2 pieces of Krab nigiri (imitation crab), 1 had 6 small tuna rolls (no avocado), I also had miso soup and a cup of tea all to the tune of $27 Awkk!!!


2 comments:

  1. ouch pricey...
    there are a few sushi boat restaurants here in the bay area

    i love going to them in japan, they are dirt cheap like a buck to 2 bucks a plate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite pricey and not very good, I think they were about $5-6 per plate

    ReplyDelete